Tuesday, February 7, 2012

On the Road Again....

Goodness! I feel like a neglectful blogger! I have been so busy with traveling and going! I am just exhausted. As I type this I am away at a conference for school. Life is crazy!

This past weekend I had a girls weekend in Atlanta. We went to The Fox to see the show Memphis. I love The Fox and every time I go I feel like a little kid staring at the ceiling and looking at the stars. The show itself didn't have a very good story line, but it is based on a true story which it makes it a little more acceptable. The singing and dancing were phenomenal and there were some hilarious parts. All in all, I recommend going to The Fox to see any show, but I wouldn't really recommend Memphis. I am hoping to see Wicked the next time it comes through! Maybe it will be another all girls weekend!

Poster for the musical we saw!


The real reason I wanted to write this post was to praise the place we ate that night....Oceanaire! My dad recommended it and since he knows good food, we decided we would try it. I am glad we did. First off, it is expensive! Our bill per person was $50. Crazy for one person. This is a seafood place in Midtown Atlanta. It is very classy on the inside with hardwood floors and circular booths. It is a perfect atmosphere for a date night or a dinner party, both of which happened on either side of us. We ordered a dish with a little bit of everything. I also ordered a wedge salad which was wonderful. My favorite things that I tasted were the fried asparagus and the shrimp and grits. I have never had shrimp and grits, but if they all tasted as good as the one I ate at Oceanaire, then I need to try it more often.

These were the hashbrowns we ordered as a side! There was enough for the whole table and they were pretty good! My dad said they are famous for them!

Our dessert came to us and was set on fire. A really neat ending to our meal.


I asked our waiter if any of the real housewives ever came in and he said yes that Kim as came in the restaurant, which was pretty cool...even though I don't watch the real housewives. All in all it was a great experience. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great seafood dinner in the city!

Kim is the blonde apparently!














No comments:

Post a Comment