Saturday, February 18, 2012

New Day, New Name!

I was not very happy with the name of my blog...The Life of the Working Mom...blah! And I didn't want my blog to be all about me! It is about my family and about our house and the things we do together! So I changed the name. Our last name is Guess. Everyone says that it is such a fun name and honestly it is pretty neat, until you try to order a pizza and have to reassure the person you are ordering from that you aren't being sassy and that your last name really is Guess. We had a preacher friend who once told us he would have the most fun with people when they asked him what his last name was if it was Guess. Telling a person "Guess" and seeing them look up and think of a possible last name....yeah, the first few times is funny. Then you get to the point that you just say "Guess, G-U-E-S-S." I also have an affinity for Guess purses! I love them. I recently purchased some Guess luggage that I have been dying to get! Klint said he figured eventually I would get tired of buying Guess purses and Guess clothes. I just tell him, "Be glad your last name isn't Coach or Vuitton." He he!

All that being said, I wanted to put our last name in the new title! I played with all kinds of ways to use Guess and ended with the title that we have now, "Can you 'Guess'?" We are always going and doing and busy and I thought it was appropriate because you will never "Guess" what we are doing next! Ha!

For instance, today turned into an adventure for Sophie and I. We haven't had a day out in awhile and with it raining today and being kind of stuck inside this afternoon, we got an early start. Our first stop was Waffle House. This is probably one of Sophie's favorite places. She loves to get the waffle and bacon and orders it herself when we go. I just love their hashbrowns! I could eat them by themselves with nothing else!
Must've been a good bite!

Our next goal was to find a flower to plant for the front porch. Sophie has reminded me every time we walked by it that it was dead and we needed to "change" it. So we did that today. We went to Lowe's where we found a plant for her to plant, a hot pink geranium of course. I started looking for herbs. I want an herb garden, but was not very impressed with what I saw, but they did have strawberry plants and tomatoes. So I decided today would be a good day to plant a patio garden. I bought four tomatoes and some strawberry plants and some strawberry pots. I will probably go  back and get some herbs at some point. I just want to do a little more research. 

Fingers crossed I don't kill them!

Sophie's hot pink geranium! How welcoming!

Next we went to the grocery store. Sophie definitely made it interesting and how do I always end up caving and buying her stuff not on my list? We ended up with pretzels and Mickey Mouse cheese before the trip was over! I didn't cave and get her the big bag of Reese's...he he! All in all it was a great day! Sophie is napping and I am resting before the little tornado wakes up and we start a new adventure! Happy Saturday!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love the new blog name! How did you get your pictures to look so cool? I have been trying to figure out how to make the pictures have a border or something but can't figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I use Picnick. It is free, however, their website is shutting down on April 19th. I am using it up until then! I plan to find some kind of photo editing software as soon as I can!

    ReplyDelete