Thursday, February 2, 2012

Family Recipe: Feta tomatoes...Yummy!

Let me begin by saying that tomatoes are not for everyone, but at this house, we love them! My favorite recipe is one my dad got from my Grandma. My grandma, his mom, is from England and she makes the most unique food. She is the one who introduced me to lamb and at the time I hated it, but it is really one of my favorite things my dad cooks now. She also introduced me to rice salad, red potato salad, and my favorite thing she makes is peach cobbler (which is not that unique, but she make a mean cobbler)! Feta tomatoes came from her as well. She does her's much fancier than I do, but they still taste great. Here is the recipe for feta tomatoes.

Feta Tomatoes

Ingredients
  • Two medium sized tomatoes (or one large one)
  • Feta cheese (crumbled or you can use the block and do slices)
  • Extra virgin olive oil
  • minced garlic (fresh or jarred. If you use fresh, you don't need as much as I used.)
1. Slice tomatoes as you would for a sandwich. If you can find home grown fresh off the farm tomatoes, these are amazing!!!


2. Drizzle oil on each slice. Don't drown them. A light even coating is best.

3. Add minced garlic. If you use fresh you don't need as much because the taste is stronger. I used jarred and it looks like a ton, but the taste wasn't overpowering.


4. Add feta cheese. I used crumbled, but I have bought the block of feta and sliced it. Either way is great!



5. Serve them up! These are great as an appetizer, snack, or a side. They have a fresh clean taste! We seriously make them any chance we can.

YUMMY!!!!

Sophie enjoyed them too!!! 

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment