Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Our "Little Bean": Update


So I really dreaded going to the doctor today. I have cried off an on for the past two or three days just not looking forward to having the conversation about our baby.

Before I go any further, I did want to share the few pictures we had of our bean going into this. These were from the very first ultrasound where our little bean was measuring a little small, but we still saw a heartbeat.



So, today I went in expecting to see something close to the same thing, not much, since the baby was around the same size at the second ultrasound. They took me back and I had to do the unpleasant ultrasound from the inside...not to be graphic. As the sac came into focus, I saw little white dots inside of it. I immediately thought, I have tumors! It came into focus and there on the screen sat a baby who was measuring 8 weeks 5 days with a HEARTBEAT!!! I screamed. I told her something was wrong that somehow she had pulled up the person from before me and it was their ultrasound I was watching. She said that this was my baby and she wasn't expecting to see anything either. I told her she had to stop the ultrasound and I needed to call Klint. She got my purse for me and I called him and told him to hurry to the doctor that we still had a baby. He thought I had lost my mind I am sure. He said he was on the way. I asked the tech to please get the doctor because I wanted her to see it too. I wanted to know I wasn't imagining things. The doctor walked in and said she saw the picture of the baby and that she was shocked too. I told her I was concerned because I had quit taking prenatal vitamins (I didn't see a need to take them with no baby) and that I had eaten a lot of seafood on vacation. She said not to worry and to just start taking my vitamins today! 

Klint got there, with Sophie since she had been sick, and we all settled in with baited breath waiting and watching. The tech started the ultrasound again and there it was. Our healthy little bean! It's heart was fluttering and it was wiggling like it was doing a happy dance. We all had our mouth's open looking at it! The general vibe was just utter shock! We heard the heartbeat, a healthy 174bpm! Sophie asked what the noise was and we told her it was the baby and she was going to be a big sister again. Here are the pictures.



Afterwards, when we talked to the doctor, she just told us we had a miracle baby and she thanked God that we hadn't done anything to end the pregnancy before they rechecked me. I go back next week for one more ultrasound, but she said that she didn't expect any different and that we truly had a miracle. She said she had never seen a pregnancy go from a heartbeat, to no heartbeat, to a baby that is measuring exactly where it should be. She said that the other tech just must have missed it. I guess I did too because I didn't see anything either, but I didn't really know what to look for either.

So, here I sit! In shock and awe and praising God for his amazing blessing! This is our miracle baby and I guess he/she is going to keep us on our toes just like big sister! My best friend, Jaime, said that my mom was really watching over me and the baby! I feel like she was right there with me today in that room sending me a rainbow!

Please continue to pray for us and our little bean!  We stand amazed!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment