Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Baby Kelly Update: The Big Reveal!

We went to the doctor today for my 16 weeks checkup and to take a peek at the baby to see if we could tell what he or she is...kind of getting old referring to the baby as "it"!

The doctor told us that all of my bloodwork for possible genetic problems came back fine and showed no problems. She said I was measuring right on and the heart beat was good. We asked her a few questions about traveling and I asked about getting the pertussis vaccination while I was pregnant. This was something my mom was horrified about and we heard a report that it is at an all time high for this year. She said I could get it after 20 weeks or I could wait and they would do it in the hospital. I want to go ahead a get it. I don't want to take any chances.

So she sent us to take our peek. We were so excited and Sophie was ready to see the baby. Here are a few pictures.



We were able to find out what we were having! She was about 85% sure. Here is what we found out!



As for the name, it will not be Kelly. Her name will be Margaret "Maggie" June. Margaret was Klint's grandmother's name and June is my mom and grandmother's middle name. We are so excited and can't wait to welcome Maggie! Keep praying for us!



Photobucket





No comments:

Post a Comment