Monday, August 20, 2012

OK to Wake Alarm Clock

We finally got our "Ok to Wake! Alarm Clock" from Amazon. I love ordering from Amazon! They have always offered great customer service and they offer all sorts of things! This time we did have a little hiccup. My box came in on Friday. I was so excited because we had the weekend to try it out and get her used to it. When I opened the box, there were two jars of hair pomade! Did you even know they still made that stuff??? So I immediately went online and ordered a return label. Amazon said they would go ahead and send my replacement and it came today and it really couldn't have came at a better time! Here is an update from my previous post (you can see it here).

Sophie has been doing great! She has slept in her bed all night since we started her chart. We cheated this past Friday and gave her a treat early after five days instead of six, but she has continued to do well and I am so proud of her! Below is her chart with her smiley faces! This Wednesday is her next prize day! Sophie is proud of herself too. She even said the other day on the way home that she had to stay in her bed so she could get a smiley face on her chart. I reinforced her and told her she was right! She is working so hard!
:)

Now, we are to the reason I am so glad the clock came in today. Sunday, Sophie woke us up calling from her bedroom asking if she could get up. I told her no that it wasn't time yet. She waited an hour and hollered again. I told her she could come in. I just knew it was going to happen that she would start waking up and asking to come out of her room, thus my reasoning for ordering the clock. The same thing happened this morning with her waking a little before five.Thank goodness the clock came in today. Here are some pictures of it.

It came with two face plates. One is the daisy shown and the other is supposed to make it look like a bug.

It has a night light mode that stays on for two hours and then goes off. The clock runs on batteries so it has different power saving tricks. I didn't use this feature because she already has a nightlight.

When it is time to wake up it turns green and the animation changes on the clock to a face and its eyes move. It is pretty neat. 

The controls are concealed in the back. A toddler could get into it. So we have her clock on a high shelf, but she picked where it is so she can easily see it from her bed.

I showed her what color the clock turns and how that means she can get out of bed. I let her pick the spot that it went and she is so proud of it! She even asked me why I was taking pictures of her clock. I will update this post with how it works. I am not expecting an overnight miracle, but I hope it at least is a reminder for her to stay in bed and not yell to us about getting up. 

***Update***
The clock has worked great so far! Sophie stays in the bed until it turns green. We have one time of her climbing in the bed with us since all of this started and I am not sure she was completely awake when that happened. We did have to replace the batteries in it already but that was because I used whatever I could find in the house to put in it. We put brand new batteries in it and I am hoping it will last longer this time. I do wish it had the option to plug in. Sophie loves the night light feature on it which I am sure is part of the reason the batteries died, but it doesn't stay on all night. I think it goes off after an hour. I still recommend this clock! We have really enjoyed it!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment