Sunday, October 14, 2012

Duck Dynasty Premiere Party!

Last week was a very busy week. Monday, we had my birthday dinner. Wednesday we had a Duck Dynasty premiere party! Okay, I know that you may think that Duck Dynasty is about a bunch rednecks and the stupid stuff they do and I would say you are right...but they are also so much more.

My husband got me watching the show and while it is funny watching the crazy things they do, it is also refreshing to see a family who honestly loves one another and would do anything for each other. They don't let themselves get caught up in the money and the fame. They do normal family things (and some redneck things...for example, frog gigging in the country club golf course pond or vacuuming bees to get honey). They never cuss on the show. There isn't a constant beeping of words. They end every show sitting around a dinner table eating after saying a prayer. I guess another big thing for us is they are members of the Church of Christ. This is the same church that I go to. In fact, the dad, Phil Robertson, is an elder in the church and his son, Allen who isn't on the show really, is a preacher. The fact that they have God in their lives is evident in how they treat each other and others.

Warning: He is skinning frogs, but I do love that he is talking to his grandson and trying to teach him. Reminds me of my Pa cleaning fish and talking to me and my sister...and yes we thought it was gross just like I am sure his grandson thinks it is gross.

Our friends, Chelsea and Cody, also love the show. We decided that we should all get together and eat something and watch the show. To go with our Duck Dynasty theme we had jambalaya and cornbread. We also drank sweet tea out of mason jars because that is what they do on the show. It was a lot of fun!

I was half way through eating when I realized I needed to take a picture. My husband was a willing model. 


 Chelsea and Randy talking and getting annoyed with my picture taking. Sophie had to get in on the picture action too. She is such a ham!

It was a fun night and the new season did not disappoint. My favorite saying of the night came from Phil talking to his grandson and his grandson's girlfriend about the birds and the bees. He told them that in just a second, "You can go from happy, happy, happy to crabby, crabby, crabby!" Loved it! I really recommend watching the show if you haven't. It comes on A&E, Wednesdays at 10. (And no, the show isn't paying me to say any of this!) :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment