Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday Night = Fun Night!

Our weeks are pretty hectic around here. So on Friday I try to make up for it doing something special with Sophie or I will pick up a little surprise for her like a movie from Redbox or a drink from somewhere. Little things go along way with her! I usually try to have cookies on hand to cook Friday night after we eat dinner. She loves helping me cook. That got me thinking about tonight's surprise. I decided that we would make pizzas together. I mentioned it to my friend Tammy as I was leaving work and she said they made a personal size pizza and that her boys loved to make them (they are in 4th grade). I figured that may be the ticket because my appetite is everywhere with this pregnancy and Sophie only wants cheese and Klint wants a pizza with lots of meat! So I ran to Wal-Mart (Ugh!) and got what I needed. Everything cost right at $20 which is about what ordering a pizza would cost.

When I got to Sophie's school, I asked her if she wanted to help me make dinner. She got excited and said yeah....when I said it was pizza, her reaction was priceless! She was ecstatic! That is all she talked about on the way home. She talked about what she was going to put on her pizza and how we would make cookies later and it really made me happy that she was so interested in cooking because it is something I love to do and I wanted her to have that love and joy of it also.


When we got home, she went to her kitchen and found her play pizza. She had to show me what her pizza was going to look like. Excuse her dirty feet! We were fresh from daycare and she wears Crocs...you can only imagine! And her hairstyle is due to the fact we are growing out her bangs! Maggie will never have bangs if I can help it!

I laid out all of our ingredients first and told her what everything was. She loved the cheese and the Canadian bacon. It took some convincing to get her to want to put tomato sauce on her pizza but she finally agreed. Here are a few pictures of her making her pizza!

First we had to spread olive oil on the crust!

Next came the sauce.

Lots of cheese!

Her pizza! (She was chewing up cheese...that is the reason for the goofy face!)

We had the best time. Here are a few more pictures!
 Sweet tea break between pizzas!

Daddy's pizza!

Watching them bake....

Looking good!

Our matching hairdos!

 All done!
Cheese pizza!!! Yummy!

Here is a movie of her spreading on the oil. Sorry for my nasally, southern hick voice!

If you haven't made pizza with your little ones I highly recommend it! Sophie loved it and I can see it being something we do again one day!





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment