Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Comparing my girls!

I have heard many women say that every pregnancy is different and I really believe it. While there are a lot of similarities, there are more differences.Below is an ultrasound picture of my babies. They are only a few days apart in these photos. Sophie was 19 weeks 5 days. Maggie is 20 weeks 3 days.


Sophie

Maggie




Similarities
  • I found out the day before my missed period I was pregnant both times.
  • I lost weight with both pregnancies due to nausea and lack of appetite.
  • I was so tired in the beginning with both pregnancies. (My first clue I was pregnant!)
  • I got a sinus infection right away.
  • They are both girls (I know that may seem silly to put, but it is a similarity.)
  • I wanted Taco Bell with both of them.
  • They are both going to be born in the same season.
  • Both girls started off measuring smaller than they should have and their heart rates were really low. It took them a week or two to catch up.
Differences
  • I spotted right after I found out I was pregnant with Maggie. Didn't spot at all with Sophie.
  • I lost more weight with Sophie than Maggie, but I gained it back a little quicker with Sophie. I have yet to gain any back with Maggie.
  • I started showing sooner with Maggie, but that happens with a second baby. 
  • With Sophie I craved Taco Bell soft tacos. With Maggie, I craved Taco Bell nachos.
  • More foods have made me nauseated with Maggie. 
  • I felt Maggie move sooner than I did Sophie (Around 11 weeks). I am not sure if that is just because she moves more than Sophie did or I just knew what to feel.
  • Maggie moves a whole lot more than Sophie! In all of her ultrasounds, even the one at 8 weeks, she was moving. She just doesn't stop! Sophie moved, but not in her ultrasounds like Maggie and not all the time.
  • With Sophie I craved more salty snacks and oranges. With Maggie, I want sweets. Mostly chocolate milk or ice cream. I have also craved pickles this pregnancy. I have always loved pickles, but we have three jars in the fridge now which was unheard of before. The other day Klint came home and I was eating sushi with a bowl of chocolate ice cream. I got a weird look! I guess I have developed weird food cravings more with Maggie (however Klint would say my favorite snack with Sophie consisting of cucumbers, bacon bits, cheese and croutons smothered in ranch dressing was pretty weird). I have also craved Coke with Maggie and I am not a Coke drinker. Weird!
  • Maggie is LOW!!! Sophie always kicked high, but Maggie is always really low when she moves and my muscles in my lower stomach hurt more. Maybe her being low will work to my advantage in the end and she will come a little sooner.
  • Maggie's heart rate is lower than Sophie's was. Sophie's ranged between 150 and 160. Maggie's runs between 130 to mid 140s.
  • My hips and lower back have hurt more with Maggie and they started hurting sooner. This is causing me to waddle by the end of the day.
  • I have started nesting sooner with Maggie, but it probably doesn't help that I have to clean up after a three-year-old.
  • Sophie reacted to sounds. Maggie reacts to food and the lack of movement.
  • I was emotional sooner with Maggie. I have already had several emotional breakdowns this pregnancy over stupid stuff!
Here is proof that I am a lot bigger with this pregnancy than I was with Sophie. The first picture is me with Maggie at 19 weeks. The second is with Sophie at 25 weeks. My belly is the same size in both...I am worried!!!




I have loved being pregnant and honestly, minus the confusion with Maggie in the beginning, I have had very easy pregnancies. If I wasn't 30 and scared to have more after Maggie, I may consider having one more (which we still debate sometimes), but for all intents and purposes, this may be my last pregnancy and I am fine with that. I am enjoying every second and relishing every little movement hoping I will never forget it!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment