Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Projects for Baby Maggie

So, I feel I am a little wiser and a little more practical. I have started learning to sew a little and decided to sew some things for Maggie. I also looked up how to make a wipe case and a few other things. Here are a few pictures of what I made.
I made a changing pad. I am not crazy about the ones that come with diaper bags. They never seem long enough or very soft. So I wanted one that was long and wide. The original one had a pocket for diapers, but I wasn't thrilled with how it looked or functioned so I took it off and redid it. I like it a lot better now and it is still long and wide enough that they don't have to touch the yucky changing table!

The diaper case tutorial I used is here.

This is a diaper case. I didn't really have a pattern for it. I just used a diaper as a guide for the size and went with it. It turned out really cute!

My coordinating set...and my feet...I can't really see them now when I look down...he he!

I also decided to tackle making a diaper bag. I didn't do it by myself. I just wasn't that confident in my abilities yet. I asked my friend, Chelsea, to help me and she agreed no questions asked! So thankful for her help. I wanted a black diaper bag. Something that would hide dirt and would go with anything. I did add some color to the outside with a few accents and the inside is hot pink!  The tutorial we used is here.

We used tissue paper to make our pattern. Of course all I had was glitter tissue paper...


The final product! Love!

I still bought another diaper bag, a Kalencom, that I found on sale in Atlanta. I love Kalencom diaper bags. They hold up and they they stay really clean on the outside because of the covering on the fabric. I recommend checking out Kalencom if you are looking for a diaper bag. They also come with a changing pad, a zipper pouch, and bottle holder.
MIDI Coated Buckle Bag
My diaper bag!

I was working on burp cloths when my sewing machine died....hopefully I can get them finished before she gets here! I love being crafty for my baby! Can't wait to try making matching outfits for my girls. Maybe that will be a summer project!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Love it! And the pillowcase dresses are REALLY easy!! We have several matching sets - even a set of four now ;)

    ReplyDelete