Monday, November 19, 2012

An Impromptu Ultrasound

My mornings consist of waking up to a jumping belly and feeling very nauseated! Maggie moves and kicks so much I just feel sick which is usually my cue to get out of bed. This morning was no different, except my whole stomach hurt. It felt almost like contractions, which Braxton Hicks contractions are not out of the realm of possibility at this point I have read. Once I got up and started moving I felt better and just thought it was my normal nausea.

Around 1:00 this afternoon, I felt horrible. I was so nauseated, my stomach was hurting again, and I was in tears! I called the doctor and they wanted to see me. I left school and all I really wanted to do was go to bed, but I also wanted to make sure that Maggie and I were okay (which I wasn't too worried about her because she moved the whole time). I got to the doctor at 2:00 and wasn't seen until a little after 4:00. Let me tell you, you can learn all kinds of things by sitting in a waiting room for that long. The big thing I learned is that it is okay for your stomach to hang out the bottom of your shirt in 60 degree weather. (I know maternity clothes are expensive, but a big t-shirt isn't that much). I also learned that it is okay to fall asleep in a waiting room and snore as loud as you can! Can you tell I was a little frustrated by the time I went back?

I saw the nurse practitioner who I really like. She checked me and said I was not dilated at all....that was a relief! They then put me on the monitors and checked for contractions. At first, Maggie moved and grooved and was doing good, and then she just stopped! Her heart rate was great, but she just quit moving. They said she just went to sleep, which is not a stretch because I was about asleep myself at this point. They did an ultrasound just to check her, but the NP was sure she was fine. I also didn't register any contractions (YAY!).

Maggie was perfect. They did 8 test to check her and she scored an 8 out of 8. I thought she looked huge and the tech said she was definitely a good size (I am measuring a week ahead of where I should be). I got a good shot of her mouth. She has the same mouth as Sophie. I am pretty sure they are going to look pretty similar. We got a good shot of her profile too and they verified once again she is definitely a girl! Here are some of the pictures.

Maggie's face

Look at those lips!

My sweet baby girl!

The NP told me that the pain I am feeling is just Maggie moving around and pushing. I am sure that is a lot of it. When I got home and changed clothes, I noticed a bruise on my side in a place that it is hard to bruise. It was also where I have hurt most of the day. I think she busted a blood vessel...just call me Bella from Twilight (minus the vampire baby daddy and drinking blood to make myself feel better). So, in a nutshell, I have got a long miserable 8 weeks ahead of me, but I honestly wouldn't trade it for anything!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment