Monday, June 4, 2012

Vacation Time: Myrtle Beach

I feel like I need to blow the dust off of my blog. It is has been forever since I have posted! Maybe that will change this summer.

We just got back from a week at Myrtle Beach, South Carolina! It is definitely a great family place, a golfer's paradise, and a shopper's dream! There is so much to do as a family. They have a lot of putt-putt places, some great shows, and other attractions. One thing that Sophie loved was Broadway. It is a shopping center kind of on a boardwalk. They had bounce houses set out in the front which we took advantage of. Later, we walked around and found a whole lot of kiddie rides perfect for her. She road all of them and then got to pick a duck at the end and won a cow she named Clarice (or Maurice depending on when you ask her). Below are a few pictures. We did all of these rides and got the cow for $20. It was the best money we spent!







Sophie, Poppi, and Clarice


Klint and my dad went golfing three times while we were there. I think the course that Klint got the most excited about was Wicked Stick. It is a golf course developed and designed by John Daly. Klint did say that the advertisements were a little misleading as it is not a links course, but he did say it was a nice course and that they had a good time.


There is a lot of shopping. As I mentioned above, there is Broadway that has a lot of shops, but then there are two...yes TWO...Tanger Outlets! It is HEAVEN! He he! They have different things at each outlet. The one we really enjoyed was the one farther away from where we were. It had a Columbia outlet which Klint was really into because that is pretty much the only kind of shirt he wears now and they were cheap. $20 for most of the shirts he got. I got a Columbia sweater and a jacket for $30 each which was a great deal. I also got a few things for Sophie. Another hot spot for shopping for us was Bass Pro Shops. I even enjoyed shopping here. What was amazing was Klint didn't buy anything for fishing or hunting, but clothes. I bought several pairs of capri pants and jewelry. I love their jewelry. I know you wouldn't think they would have any, but they do and it is really cute. Of course, Sophie enjoyed the fish tank and I took advantage for some pictures.





We ate at a lot of great places while there. A few of our favorites is Joe's Hamburgers. They have the best burgers and they are a pretty laidback place. We also went to Joe's Bar and Grill which was nice. It was out on a marsh and they had a platform with food for raccoons to come and eat. Sophie loved it because two raccoons came up while we were eating. Klint and I had a date night while we were there and went to Rioz. Rioz is a Brazillian steakhouse. The waiters carried big skewered pieces of meat around and came to your table to slice it for you. It was good, but overwhelming and I got a little sick because it was too much at one time. I would go back again, but pace myself the next time. Below are a few pictures from Joe's Hamburgers.



Of course, Sophie's favorite thing about Myrtle was the beach. We didn't get to go too much on this trip because of the crazy weather, but she did enjoy it the times we went.






A lesson in jellyfish. I never saw any in the water, but I did see several washed up on the shore. 






 The last thing I will post were my favorite pictures from our trip. We took photos in a photo booth, something I have wanted to do for a long time. They are my favorite family photos!




 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment