Thursday, June 14, 2012

Freezer Meals: Part 1, Research

I have been doing a lot of research on the whole freezer meal idea. I have done a few in the past and they have always turned out good, but I have never done meals with the soul intent of freezing them. So this is new territory and with a new baby on the way and school starting soon (I don't want to start the countdown to the end of summer yet) I figured why not give it a try while I had some time off. I have looked all over Pinterest and searched the web. Here are a few resources I have found. I thought it might be nice to have them all in one locale!

1. Freezer Meals for Dummies ~ This blog has a lot of tips from what to freeze, what not to freeze and everything in between. I thought it might be a good place to start for freezing novices!

2. 10 Steps to Freezer Cooking - This blog has Crockpot freezer meals which is probably where I will start. She list out everything step by step and has the recipes too. They all seem pretty easy. She even tells you what to write on the bag to help when taking it out of the freezer.

3. 10 Freezer Meals in 1 Day! - This is a huge deal, but I think once it is done it will be worth it. I had a friend send me this blog link and they made into a party and did it all together. I know the Wild Rice Casserole is very good because she made it for church one time. I think I may try to do a few of these too. There is a pdf version of the recipes too.

4. Freezer Cooking - Slow Cooker Meals - This blog I loved because she gives you the grocery list. This is another one I will probably go ahead and do because she has it all laid out. This one does have another teriyaki chicken recipe as the second one does to so just pick and choose which one you think will be better or make them both. I actually think the second one and this one are connected pretty close, but this one does have the grocery list!

5. How to: Stock Your Freezer with Freezer Meals - This blog has a lot of good tips on freezing meals. There is also a link at the bottom to her recipes in a little mini book. Good stuff!

6. 35 Freezer Meals - This blog contains 35 meals that are freezer friendly and how to freeze them and what to store them in.

7. Top 5 Freezer Meals - This website has five freezer recipes. They seem pretty easy and like something my family would eat. May try these too!

8. Once a Month Cooking - This website was recommended by a friend. I haven't had much of a chance to really look through it, but it looks like it has a variety of things to offer.

My friend, Rachel, is also sending me some stuff too so when I get it I will update. She is in the middle of planning a wedding/vow renewal so I won't rush her! :)

I will update with Part 2 when I actually make these meals! YAY!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment