Monday, December 31, 2012

It's that Time: New Year's Resolutions!

Okay, let's be honest....we all make New Year's Resolutions! Whether we write them down or just keep them in mind, we make them. I made several last year and I followed through on a lot of them, but a lot of them never even got wings! So a new year means a new chance!

I started my blog (well, restarted it) on January 22nd of this year. My first post was about my priorities and goals for my life and my family's life. You can read it here. I feel like I have carried through with a lot of theses goals and these are goals that I will continue to work on in the new year. Some of the other ones I had planned to do this year (2012) was to start couponing, organize our house, and start walking and getting in shape.

I did start couponing and do pretty good with it, but the big thing we did was to really start looking at the sales flyers and seeing who had the best deal on what we needed. This might mean that we go to three or four different grocery stores, but we get a better deal by doing this. I also started doing freezer meals, which wasn't on my list of resolutions, but it has been great! We throw it in the crockpot in the morning and it is ready that night! So easy!

I did some organizing in the house, but I really want to do more. I want to get our kitchen organized and there are other projects too. My husband wants to get the garage organized so we can pull the car in the garage again. I want that too. So this will be on the list again.

I did not start walking! I didn't really do anything to get in shape except try to watch what I eat and eat at home more. which did help with some weight loss. I am hoping after Maggie is born I can keep off the weight that I lost with her. (That sounds so weird to say!)

Okay, here are my new resolutions for the NEW YEAR!!!

1. Continue working on organizing the house! This may have to wait until after Miss Maggie is a little older, but now that Klint has a new job and has more time off, maybe some more honey-dos will get done and we can do projects together!
Google Image

2. Keeping the weight off after Maggie! I know it is so cliche to set a weight loss goal, but I am tired of talking about it and ready to do it! Something I am planning to try is trying to eat breakfast every morning. I have learned that when I do eat something in the morning, I don't snack throughout the whole day. Another thing is drink more water. I do drink water at work, but I have gotten in a bad sweet tea habit with this pregnancy. I know that will have to end! Bah!!!

Google Image

3. Keep working on our Total Money Makeover! Klint and I have discovered Dave Ramsey and we LOVE him! We have started really focusing on our finances and setting financial goals for us. We can already tell a difference in our thinking and spending and I am really looking forward to seeing where this goes. I highly recommend every couple reading this book no matter what your income or stage in life! The sooner you read it the better. We just finished reading The Total Money Makeover and we plan to start his Financial Peace book next. We have really enjoyed reading something together and discussing it as well. (This has helped my goal of having a happy marriage!)
Google Image

4. Decorate and paint our bedroom and bathroom.  Our bedroom and bathroom are the last two rooms in the house that haven't had much done to them! I would love to get them painted and decorated this year. Well, at least painted. I would also like to tackle the laundry room too, but we'll see. These are low priority and if they don't get done, I am okay with it! 

So there you have it! My resolutions for the year! May they inspire you to make your own known so that others may hold you accountable! 

Everyone have a happy and prosperous 2013!!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love sweet tea too! :) And Dave Ramsey is one of my favorites. I reread his books periodically just to remind myself of some things that I need to be doing! :)

    ReplyDelete