Monday, April 30, 2012

Menu and Grocery List

So....yeah....I am a terrible blogger ...

Klint has been in tax season and things have been crazy at school with year end things. We have not had a really good week of cooking at home and our bodies and wallets are showing it. So, I am posting a menu for the first two weeks of May. I'm sorry that I have let this slip for more than just my family, but for other families too. I heard many people out in my community talking about my blog and saying with excitement that I do menus and grocery list and then I just stopped. I am getting back on the bandwagon and doing it right.

Something I am trying to do this go around is do healthy meals that are kid friendly. Sophie has not been a good eater lately and it is something I want to change. I looked at a few websites to try to figure out some recipes that she may like that aren't chicken nuggets and grilled cheese. I kind of put them throughout the menu.

May 1st - Chicken Lo Mein
May 2nd - Chicken and Rice with Vermicelli and slivered almonds, black beans and collared greens
May 3rd - Crispy Chicken Roll-Ups with steamed brocolli
May 4th-  Leftovers (I am eating with my aunt.)
May 5th- Shepard's Pie (I know! I know! But Klint has been begging me to try to make it.)
May 6th - BBQ sandwiches (Throw pork or beef in crockpot. Cook all day! Shred and add sauce! Yum!)
May 7th - Leftovers
May 8th - Spaghetti in Garlic Gravy with Herbs & Lemon Marinated Chicken and Cherry Tomatoes
May 9th - Sandwiches
May 10th -Pot Roast
May 11th -Garlic Lemon Chicken Kabobs with a salad and twice baked potatoes

The link for the menu is here. Sorry no fancy calendar this time!

Happy eating!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment