Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Georgia Aquarium...a trip worth making!

This week is my spring break and between fighting fevers and recovering from a week away, I haven't had a whole lot of time for fun. My mother-in-law wanted us to go with my sister-in-law and my nephew. We got an early start and got there around 11:30. We have gone to the aquarium previously when Sophie was almost two.  She loved it then and I was ready to go back and see how she reacted to it this time. I was not disappointed! Right away she squealed at the fish that were in the tanks at the very front.



So, I learned a couple of new things today about the aquarium:

1. Get there early...like when they open. We got there at lunch and it was already packed. The last time we went, we got there right after they opened and it was great! We went through the exhibits quick and had plenty of time. This time, we had to wait in line for about 15 minutes before we got in and that was after buying advanced tickets. Then it was already crowded, there was a along line for lunch...it was crazy! My other suggestion would be, come after lunch if you can't get there first thing.  Here is my reasoning. After lunch, most people are done or they are in shows. The exhibits seem to clear out a little and it is easier to move.

2. Buy advanced tickets! I bought our tickets on Monday and then we had a family emergency come up making it impossible to go on Tuesday. It was a quick, fairly cheap fix ($5) to get the tickets transferred. Also, we were worried because our tickets for for 11:00 and we knew we wouldn't get there until after 11. I called and they said you have an hour window from the time on your tickets to get there.

3. Definitely go on a weekday, but not during spring break! The last time we went, we went on a Monday or Tuesday and it wasn't busy at all. It was during the summer too...crazy! Today, it was a mad house! You couldn't make it to the window of some of the exhibits. Trust me with a 3 year old who wants to walk around...it was very stressful. 

4. Go to the ballrooms for a wonderful view! We learned this trick the last time. If you go up to the ballrooms or the rotunda area, there are two huge windows to view the Beluga Whales and Whale Sharks. A lot of people aren't aware the viewing areas are up there and you can easily get a good spot and sit for a long time and not bother anyone. That is my favorite area of the aquarium. This is where the following pictures were taken!








5. Plan to attend the Deepo 4-D show and the Dolphin Tales show (if it is available)! It is great and somewhere that you can rest from all the walking.

I definitely think that if you get the chance you should go to the Georgia Aquarium! It is a great time and I can't wait for our next trip!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment