Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Time with the Guess' Family!

So this is the first year that we get to have a traditional Easter with Sophie and I am so stinking excited!

Growing up, we always did the same thing for Easter. It was our tradition! We would wake up that Sunday to our Easter baskets. We never said they were from the Easter Bunny per se, but we knew we would get one. Then we would dye our Easter eggs. Kind of made for a hectic Sunday, but that is what we did. Then we would put on our Easter dresses that we had never worn and we had saved ecspecially for that Sunday. We would then go to church. After church we would go to eat at my Aunt and Uncle's house and then hunt eggs. That was our tradition when I was a kid. I want these same kind of traditions for Sophie, but it hasn't been that easy!

Her first Eater she was only a few months old and we just made sure she had a new dress and got her picture taken with the Easter bunny.

               
Easter Bunny...she did so good!

First Easter Dress





















Her next Easter, she was one and old enough to hunt eggs, but our church was participating in Lads to Leaders and I went to support our kids. Sophie came with me and went to hunt eggs with my parents at my Granny's house. Klint and I were pretty bummed we missed her first Easter egg hunt, but we did get to hunt them at my aunt's house. She was really still young and didn't quite get the point...he he!




The next year was the same story. Sophie went with my parents and hunted eggs, but we did get to hunt them with her at my grandma's too which was great because she got the point and really went after them!

 




So, in all of this, Sophie has not gotten to dye eggs and she hasn't never gotten her Easter basket on Easter Sunday. We have always done the new dress for Easter, but she is little and that doesn't really matter. I am so excited that this year we get to color eggs with her and do her Easter basket on Sunday and all of all the other fun Easter stuff!

Saturday, we decided to dye Easter eggs so we wouldn't be as rushed for church Sunday. She loved it! She would watch the eggs and tell me when she thought they were ready! It was a lot of fun!



Sunday, I woke up feeling awful and got sick! I didn't get to go to church and I hated missing on Easter Sunday. I stayed home and rested and then woke up feeling fine. We did let Sophie go through her Easter basket and she was so excited about it. She stopped and asked me if I made the basket and we explained that I gave the Easter Bunny some of the stuff, but the Easter Rabbit brought it. 





We made it to Valdosta and ate with my family and Sophie got to hunt her Easter eggs (probably her favorite part of the day). All in all it was a great day and we started some traditions that I hope we keep for a long time! 











Happy Easter!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment