Monday, January 23, 2012

Another Recipe...

I have time for a quick blog! YAY! Blogging is kind of addicting! Don't worry people...I promise the newness will wear off eventually....maybe!

I had a request for a recipe that has became a family favorite in our house! My husband loves this recipe!!! I found it on Pinterest with a very unassuming picture and the recipe written in the description. The blog this was posted from is "Stick a Fork in it." This blog has other recipes available, but I have yet to really look at them...maybe one day! 

Anyway, this is a super easy recipe....I mean EASY!

I made this with bow tie pasta! Equally just as good!


What you will need for Crockpot Chicken and Rice is:
3 to 4 chicken breast (the original blogger said she used frozen, but I thaw mine as much as I can)
1 can cream of chicken
1 8oz. block cream cheese
1 pack of dry Italian dressing (someone asked if the flavor was strong and it isn't, but it adds a nice flavor.)

If you are anything like me, it is so hard to get up in the morning, even with a two year old telling me to get up from the side of the bed!  I get up and put the cream cheese, soup and mix in the Crockpot on high and leave it while I get ready. I almost forgot it last time, but remembered before I left. 

Once everything is melted I stir it up. It seems the longer you leave it (at least 45 minutes to an hour), the better it is to mix. I then put my chicken breast on top and turn the Crockpot down to low. I cook it for 8 hours because, well, I work...he he! You can also cook it on high for 3 to 4 hours, but I imagine you would definitely want to make sure your chicken is thawed.

When I get home I take a knife and kind of cut through the chicken so it is a little shredded, but not true shredded. Then I cook rice and serve it over the rice usually with a side of steamed broccoli. This would also be good with pasta too. 

Well, there it is...our favorite and one of my most requested recipes as of late! I hope you enjoy it!!!

1 comment:

  1. That does sound good and easy for us working moms! Thanks for sharing! Maybe I'll try next week!

    ReplyDelete