Sunday, October 14, 2012

Surprise!

My birthday was this past Sunday and we had a low-key day, lunch with friends, a day of napping, a nice day. Monday was our celebration day and Klint put it all together. I thought it was funny that he was cooking enough food to feed an army when there were only five or so coming over and one of them wasn't even eating. I got my answer when he walked in the door. My best friend Jaime came and surprised me! YAY!!!


Jaime and her husband, Mike, and kids, Aiden and Ava, had been in Blue Ridge for a family reunion. They live in Sarasota, Florida. To have them in the state of Georgia and having to pass right through my town is kind of  rare thing. I had asked her a couple of times about when they were coming back through so that we could maybe get together, but she was inconclusive on their plans...now I know why!

I feel the need to tell the story of mine and Jaime's friendship. We have been friends for over 10 years. I met her in 2001 on a mission trip. We were both blow drying our hair before we went and did mission work. I know that should have been the furthest thing from our minds, but we were young and hair and looks were important back then. We talked and found we had a lot in common. We both loved blow dryers...obviously. We are total girlie girls and she had family in Valdosta, my hometown. We just hit it off. I saw her that November of the same year and then we got together off and on during different youth trips. She went with me to Winterfest in 2002 where I really got to know Klint and encouraged me to get to know him better. She has always been there when I needed her. She is someone I can share things with and know I won't be judged. I don't know why God blessed me by letting us meet, but I thank God everyday that He did and we have remained close.

Both our weddings in 2005


In 2011, our kids finally got to meet and they get a long great! They love to play together and it gives Jaime and I a taste of what it would be like to have three kids....we are both happy with 2!  (And Jaime used to say she wanted 5!) Here they are sitting in Klint's recliner.

 Sophie (3), Ava (3 in November), and Aiden (5)

It was a great birthday and I got to introduce Jaime to my friends here. We always joke when we see each other that we need to move closer to each other. We worked on them this time and told them about how good house prices are here and tried to make our great church friends convince them they would have plenty of friends....not sure it worked, but it is fun to dream!  Maybe one day! 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment