Monday, July 16, 2012

Freezer Meals, Part 2: Let's Do This!

See Part 1 here.

With school getting closer I am feeling the pressure that comes with getting my classroom stuff done, the idea of keeping the house going, and wanting to make healthy meals for my family. So I decided while I am at the grocery store tomorrow I am going to get a few meals ready for the freezer to help out with back to school and maybe have a few left for when the baby gets here. Closer to when the baby is born I am going to do some more, but the ones I am doing tomorrow are for the crock pot and you just can't beat having dinner ready when you get home after work.

The website I am getting the recipes from is from Ring Around the Rosies. She has three parts to her freezer meal cooking. These recipes come from all three parts. She has lots of great recipes and they are all pretty simple. She does it ten steps which I think I can manage. Below is a list of the ones I will be freezing.

Teriyaki Chicken
Savory Chicken
Lazy Day Stew
Newlywed Beeftips
Slow Cooked Beef Fajitas
Summertime Beef Tips
Cilantro Lime Chicken with corn and black beans
Chicken Divine

I am also going to go ahead and brown a couple of pounds of beef, make taco meat, and make some shredded chicken to have on hand.

My main concern is the cost, but I figured once I get these done, they will be on my menu so it may cut down on some food costs....that is just a theory. I'll let you know how the grocery bill looks tomorrow.

Let me know if you have tried these and how they turned out.

Update: I got all my food today. We have a busy day planned so tomorrow will be my putting up day. In addition to the meals above, I am also going to do two things of spaghetti sauce, a meatloaf, and scattered chicken. I also bought rice and noodles and other things to go along with what I cook. I am excited and will post pictures of what all I come up with!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment