Friday, April 4, 2014

Sophie's 5th Birthday!

Sophie is 5 and I just sit in awe watching her! She has grown over night in my eyes. I remember bringing her home and watching her go through her stages and now she is a grown woman....she thinks! :)

I made a fatal error with Sophie and I feel I am making it with Maggie as well. I hope I can fix it with Maggie, but we will see. I have done big parties since she was 1. Why do parents feel this is necessary? I am not even sure I ever had a birthday party except with my family and wasn't really a "party", but I felt just as loved just the same. So this being Sophie's 5th big party, it was a struggle for her to think of a theme! We went from a teaching theme (which I blame her teacher, Melissa Minore, for because she has loved her classroom) to "Hello Kitty!" and finally settled on cheerleading. We did Tift Co. colors and she wore her cheerleading outfit. It was a great day. Here are pictures from the big event! Thanks, Hope Baldwin for taking the pictures! I didn't have a camera at all and it was good just to take everything in!
I went pretty simple with the decorations. We had balloons and I did pom pom balls on the windows.

Sophie wanted cupcakes. I delivered! We had a ton leftover. The suckers came from Oriental Trading. She wanted a sucker more than a cupcake. Also, this year for the party we didn't do finger foods. I just ordered pizza. It was super easy and a lot cheaper than buying all the finger food ingredients and then having to put it together. 

Blue Devils are #1!


I thought this was a sweet picture!

Making her wish!

She had two little friends from school come. They had the best time! The little boy is Justin and they have grown up together. He has a younger brother who is Maggie's age and now they are growing up together. Double weddings one day? Ha ha!


Maggie loves a cupcake!

Opening presents! She loaded up!

We got a bounce house this year. We have done this for every birthday since her second, but last year our neighborhood flooded and we couldn't do one.

A first this year...a pinata! It was a lot of fun for the kids to whack at at it a few times, but Klint had to make the fatal blow. It was a heart one because we bought it for her last birthday, but since it flooded...you get the picture!

I just thought this was so sweet! She loved the bounce house! I guess the tradition will continue! My dad was great and got in it a lot with her. We had the best time!

I'm already trying to prep Sophie that next year is going to have to be smaller. We will see how that goes! She wants a Frozen party, but we still have a lot of time to plan!


 photo Signature1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment